- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
NPI Engineer (f/m/d)
Tradition und Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 3.000 employees at 14 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North America Inc. in Mebane, North Carolina is the headquarters of the North American AKG companies. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are developed and manufactured in this factory.
Tasks and Responsibilities
This position represents the qualification for AKG in supporting primarily technical and some commercial requirements for customers in aluminum cooling systems. Individual must be able to demonstrate competency in a majority of essential functions listed below along with competency for most of the below listed areas of supporting knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to develop and implement new products and/or to improve existing products for AKG.
- Competent in all AKG sizing, heat exchanger production methods and processes, and other necessary software tools as required.
- Development of performance criteria such as mutually agreed upon technical specifications, reliability goals, on-time delivery, quality, warranty concerns, logistics, etcetera, and ensure mutual AKG Management and Customer goals are satisfied.
- Facilitate communication acting as project lead by facilitating functional teams between different departments of AKG and/or customers, including regular written reports, customer visits, phone calls, e-mails, design reviews, project time lines, forecasts, and other actions as required.
- Participate with AKG Management and other AKG Team members in developing, and maintaining Project Orders, Project Status Reports, Project Risk Analysis, Project Completion Reports, and Project Time-Lines.
- Must be able to provide leadership for projects teams with cross-functional internal teams, suppliers and customers to ensure timely success, including timelines and responsibilities. Act as point of contact in developing test criteria and critical characteristics along with methods of verification within Quality and R&D.
- Prepare and assist with presentations and proposals for management review within and outside of AKG.
- Support marketing activities such as trade show participation, competitive analysis, and market strategy for markets represented by customers.
- Maintain well-documented project files, both written and digital, that can be easily accessed by other AKG NPI personnel.
- Individual must be comfortable in expressing himself/herself in an external role and leading presentations in front of appropriate audience.
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position.
- Several years of prior engineering experience required
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (B.S.) or related
- Have demonstrated knowledge in development of heat transfer or other systems including design calculations, reliability predictions, design principles, system engineering, and understanding of manufacturing environment.
- Aptitude for supporting customer communications in written and/or oral form such as supporting Long-Term Agreements, mutually agreed upon written technical customer specifications, etc.
- Produce written time lines and reports involving deliveries, new product development, and implementation.
- Able to lead and oversee all aspects for New Product Introduction (NPI) projects and support technical interface with customers, if needed.
- Able to take the projects lead for all areas providing project management leadership, and engineering expertise.
- Participate and lead functional teams within AKG and/or customers and facilitate communication within all levels of the AKG global group of employees and/or customer organizations to meet clearly defined objectives.
- Well organized individual who can set up and manage project files, both written and digital.
- Know and understand project management methodology and tools
- Must be able to travel occasion
- As available